Friday, September 11, 2015

September Thoughts...



 
Contemplating life on this glorious day
absorbing the scene before me
as I drive the bare paved road

Blue sky plastered with cotton ball clouds
stretched above rolling fields of gold and green

The air has a bite to it and I know what's coming
This picture will be replaced
with rolling hills of sparkling white
a backdrop for rows of bare trees
standing brittle
crackling in the wind
a beauty of its own
too cold to touch
memories of warmth
playing in my mind

I'm a northerner now!
Who would have thought?

My urge to laugh is quickly replaced
by a pang a sadness
remembering what I left to venture here
to become attached
to something so unexpected.

My thoughts are warmed
as I anticipate Autumn's watercolours
and prepare for the inevitable
 slow covering of Winter's whitewash....

1 comment: